|See the delicious polenta cake |
at the bottom right of the picture
For the cake
- 200 grams unsalted butter (or goats butter if you are Elena or equivalent)
- 200 grams caster sugar
- 200 grams ground almonds
- 100 grams polenta
- 1.5 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 medium eggs
- 2 medium lemon(s) (zest - save juice for syrup)
For the lemon syrup
- 2 lemons (juice)
- 120 grams of sugar (icing or caster)
- First of all, preheat the oven 180°C (fan)
- Prepare a cake tin with baking paper and grease its sides with some butter
- Melt the butter and mix it with the sugar in a bowl. You can use a wooden spoon for this.
- Add the baking powder, the polenta and the almonds and keep mixing. Finally, add the 3 eggs and the lemons zest and mix again.
- Pour the mixture into your prepared tin and bake in the oven for about 35 minutes
- In the meantime, you can make the lemon syrup by boiling the lemon juice of two lemons and the sugar in a small saucepan.
- Once the sugar is dissolved into the juice, the syrup is ready.
- When the cake is done, prick the top of the cake all over with a toothpick and pour the warm syrup over it. Leave to cool before taking it out from the cake tin.
- Share, eat and enjoy!