I used sour cherries for this recipe, but you can used glacé cherries to make a sweeter biscuit (there's plenty of sugar in any case, so the sour cherries were very tasty). Here they're in the tin with Elena's delicious biscotti:
- 1 1/4 cups plain flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup softened butter
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup sour cherries or glacé cherries
- Preheat oven to 180 C. Line (at least) two baking sheets with baking parchment (we ended up using four!).
- In a bowl, whisk together the flour, cinnamon, baking soda, and nutmeg, then set aside. Place butter, sugar, and honey in another bowl and beat on medium speed until light and fluffy (a few minutes). Add the eggs and vanilla, and beat together. Gently and gradually add the flour mixture and beat until incorporated. Stir in the oats and cherries.
- Drop one tablespoon of dough at a time onto the baking sheets (making sure there are at least two inches, ideally slightly more, between each biscuit). Push them down slightly if necessary to get a better shape. Bake until lightly golden brown (10 to 12 minutes). Allow to cool on the sheets for 5 minutes, then transfer cookies to a wire rack to cool completely.
Here they are on their way to the oven...